Table of Contents generated with DocToc
- Educational developers channels
- Written content
- Audio / Podcasts
- Hands-on / Games of coding / Challenges
- Other developer websites
Educational developers channels
This is a compilation of websites, blogging platforms, video channels, etc. where anyone can find relevant content and give back to the developer community.
Guest blogging is the practice of writing and publishing an original blog post on a third-party website. Here is a list of channels you can use:
- Postman Guest blogger program: API platform for building and using APIs.
- TheNextWeb contributor program: We inform, inspire, and connect people who love tech.
- geeoksforgeeks.org: A computer science portal for geeks.
- tutorialspoint.com: Biggest Online Tutorials Library.
- javatpoint.com: tutorials and interview questions of all technology.
- freecodecamp.com: to help people learn to code for free.
- Slashdot.org: News for nerds, stuff that matters.
- hacker news (Y Combinator): Social news website focusing on computer science and entrepreneurship.
- Code Project for those who code: Swift, Maui, Flutter, ...
- smashingmagazine.com/write-for-us/: Articles for web designers and developers
- css-tricks.com: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques on using CSS.
- techcrunch.com: experiences about starting, growing, or funding a tech company.
- The New Stack: For developers and engineers building and managing new stacks around the world that are built on open source technologies and istributed infrastructures.
- SD Times: Software Development Times, better known as SD Times, is a magazine published by D2 Emerge, in both a print version nd an online electronic edition.
- AppDeveloperMagazine.com: App Developer Magazine is an app programming and software tech media property, dedicated to covering news, nd stories for iOS iPhone, Android, Gaming, IoT, VR, and AR app developers.
- Dzone.com the premier #developer community. Tips on #Java, #webdev, #integrations, #database, and more.
- DevOps.com: DevOps.com has the largest collection of original content related to DevOps on the web and one of the top results for DevOps-related search terms.
- HackerNoon.com: how hackers start their afternoons. where 25k+ tech pros publish stories & expertise for 4M+ monthly readers. have a ope story?.
- Business Insider: Insider tells the global tech, finance, markets, media, healthcare, and strategy stories you ant to know.
- geopois.com (Spanish): Aprende Tecnologías Geoespaciales, somos especialistas en sistemas de información geográfica, base de datos espaciales y visores online eb mapping.
- The New Stack (disclosure guidelines)
- Medium publications:
Top JS Blogs & Magazines
- Smashing Magazine
- Node Weekly
- A List Apart
- Frontend Focus
- Front-End Front
- Echo JS
- Frontend Horse
Documentation & training
Developer blogging platforms
Corporate engineering blogs
Aug. 2023 update: I have found kilimchoi/engineering-blogs repo with over 565 engineering blogs.
Not found contribution guidelines
- Application Development Trends
- Visual Studio Magazine: The home page of Visual Studio Magazine online is the leading site for enterprise .NET developers.
- ArsTechnia: Original news, reviews, analysis of tech trends, and expert advice on the most fundamental aspects of tech.
- Washington Technology
Channels accepting contributions
- TensorFlow (e.g. Classifying satellite imagery * Made with TensorFlow.js)
- To be done
- LinkedIn Learning
- Level Up (contribute)
- https://twitter.com/CodelyTV (🇪🇸)
Lot of YouTube channels in JoseDeFreitas/awesome-youtubers repo
Find more at: https://github.com/bnb/awesome-developer-streams
Audio / Podcasts
There are some existing lists of podcasts for developers:
- https://stoplight.io/podcast | Attack of the Stoplight Network: Attack of the Stoplight Network is a ongoing assortment of shows produced by Stoplight Network.
- https://apisyouwonthate.com/tag/podcast/ | APIs You Won't Hate: A no-nonsense (well, some-nonsense) podcast about API design & development, new features in the world of HTTP, service-orientated architecture, microservices, and probably bikes.
- https://apithedocs.org/podcast | API The Docs Podcast: Our guests talk about their insights and experience as documentarians. We bring advice from behind open and closed developer portals, ideas on what new learnings you can aim for, and recent experiments from the field of API documentation.
- https://www.apimatic.io/art-of-developer-experience | The Art of Developer Experience Podcast: We host authentic conversations with developer experience professionals creating products for developers (often APIs). We’ll explore topics like API design, documentation, tooling, developer relations, dashboards, onboarding, community, communications and how developer experience fits into an organzation.
- https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/developer-success-p | Developer Success and the Business of APIs: What should be the purpose of your API program? When does it become successful? How do you make sure that every API you publish will have a positive effect on your business? How can a developer portal help to achieve these goals?
- https://tyk.io/all-about-apis-podcast/ | All About APIs: On All About APIs, seasoned API practitioners, product leaders and architects share tangible advice on what it takes to successfully design, launch and maintain APIs that unlock new growth opportunities. From new API-enabled growth opportunities, through developer experience, collaborative design, governance, to architectural and security best practices, you’ll walk away with practical takeaways about all things API.
These are some podcasts that use to do interviews:
- https://podcast.scalingdevtools.com/ | We investigate what it takes to grow a developer tool. Topics include developer marketing, DevRel, developer advocacy and developer experience.
- https://soundcloud.com/defn-771544745 | Interviews with leaders and folks of the Clojure and ClojureScript community.
- https://www.schmidt-list.com/ | Interview series produced to inspire people who manage projects, build digital products, and lead teams in design and technology.
- https://chimi.pro/ | Un espacio donde charlamos con la crème de la crème de los que crean productos digitales en español, descubrimos a qué dedican su día a día, sus inquietudes y sobre todo qué es para ellos trabajar en equipo.
- https://www.devpath.fm/ | Candid interviews with highly successful software developers covering imposter syndrome, personal triumphs, obstacles, and career advice.
- http://blog.cognitect.com/cognicast | Interviews with leaders and folks of the Clojure and ClojureScript community https://www.michellebrenner.com/blog/ | From the Source is an interview show that answers the question of what tech jobs are really like, both the good and the boring.
Geospatial / mapping / GIS podcasts
Note: not all are necessarily developer focused:
- https://www.mindsbehindmaps.com/ | Maps are everywhere; These are conversations with the people building them
- Esri & The Science of Where Podcast: https://www.esri.com/about/newsroom/podcast/
- Geographical Thinking Podcast: https://www.esri.ca/en-ca/news-events/news/podcasts/geographical-thinking
- GIS Directions podcast: https://esriaustralia.com.au/gis-directions-podcast
- Field Notes: https://esrifieldnotes.podbean.com/
Hands-on / Games of coding / Challenges
Challenges, games and gamified experiences to learn programming:
- Hiring / recruiting:
Other developer websites
I keep the Tech thought leaders Twitter list
- Frontend Masters
- Wes Bos
- Kent C. Dodds
- Vue Mastery
- Epic React